Tuesday, April 15, 2008

life is a box of ...

scenes from an afternoon along Park Avenue South ...


my boyhood idol (even more than Captain America) - those who want to tag with me on the opening screening, raise your hands.



Will Eisner lives!!!!



i don't care what you say, this is not to be missed as well.


how come no one told me about this?? that being said - photochopped!!! Jenna doesn't look like that anymore.



i read recently in Time Magazine that Howard Schultz has made a comeback to reclaim former glory. even better, he's trying to keep the Sonics back in Seattle (yes please).



i started doodling and drawing my current apartment, and invariably ended up trying to redesign the Iron Man armor. it kept looking like the Halo soldiers though (the paper below had more scribbles by the time i finished).



in case you're wondering ...

there's a point to these pictures. i thought i'd never see them again. and that's because i thought i lost my camera.

you know that feeling when you lost something valuable - let's keep our discussions on the material side of things, ok? - that you can't relax, your mind keeps drifting to it every 3 seconds, and you keep reliving and replaying the sequence of events leading to its disappearance? i couldn't sleep at all last night, after discovering its not in the places i've looked. i frantically emailed my friend time bandit, who's currently incognito in Ecuador to foment dissent and actually put a hit on that pig Hugo Chavez when he visits Rafael Correa, and there was a slim chance the object of my search may be in the stuff i left him back in Jersey last Friday. but none of that made me calm down, not even two consecutive missions in Hitman: Contracts that left a lot of Chinese gangsters and policemen dead, and sent my mass murderer rating soaring.

and then this morning, half-asleep and gears still turning in my head, the light bulb i was waiting to turn on - turned on.

you know that feeling too, right?

i stood up, walked over to a jacket i forgot i wore last Friday ... and viola.

24 hours of feeling distraught. oboy.


whom the gods would destroy, they first make senile.

5 comments:

Jego said...

you know that feeling when you lost something valuable that you can't relax, your mind keeps drifting to it every 3 seconds...

Ummm, nope. Ive lost lots of stuff over the years and never felt like that. Methinks youve become too attached to your gadgets. To cure that, take something you dearly love -- your iPhone for instance -- and give it to a hobo.

grifter said...

ah, but for me its not being attached to material things, the sense of regret over the value that an investment can provide. its only "money" for some, but its difficult as it is to earn. what if you lost your $5,000 Leica eh?

the hobo would do better to accept a plateful of food from me, or else he's gonna get a ride from knuckle airlines, first class.

Jego said...

what if you lost your $5,000 Leica eh?

As I do not own a 5000$ Leica, I could only answer hypothetically. IF I did own a Leica, that means I was wealthy enough to consider buying one, and it were lost, I'd still feel the same way: "Pfsh. It's just a camera. I'll get me another one."

However, let me just say that if you gave me one and I lost it, I'd feel upset because I did not take care of your gift. (This would never happen because I'd take care of it. So when can I expect delivery?)

the hobo would do better to accept a plateful of food from me

Plateful of food = $5.00
Pirated iPhone = $250.00

Nope, he'd be happier with the phone.

grifter said...

you can not be wealthy enough and still buy a Leica (scrimped and saved and hocked your house). and when you lose it (or if it was stolen), i dare you not to be upset.

i'll give you a better example. what about a hard drive containing all your digital pictures for a good number of years. assuming you don't have a backup for all those Gigabytes of memories, once it gets lost, stolen, or - happened to me - suddenly died on you, i dare you not to be upset. gadget attachment? you wound me, sir.

given your scintillating record of losing things, i don't think its a good idea as well. but hypothetically, the camera should be on your doorstep by May ... May 2025.

never patronize a hobo. what's next, he wants to live in my cramped apartment? freeloading bastard.

Jego said...

what about a hard drive containing all your digital pictures for a good number of years. assuming you don't have a backup for all those Gigabytes of memories, once it gets lost, stolen, or - happened to me - suddenly died on you, i dare you not to be upset.

KILL!! KILL THE MUTHFUCKAAAAAHS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!