Friday, October 28, 2005

Apocalypse Now Na

Woman on subway suddenly starts preaching as soon as doors close. "It is stated in the Bible ... we are in a countdown ... the world will end in 6 years!!" Or somesuch.

Common sense made me hold my tongue - but I wanted to get in a few sarcastic rebuttals.

"Daaayyymmm! I wuz gonna git married the year after that! Daaaayyymmm!"

"Girl, don't get me started on that shit. I'd like to get a pension and retire!"

"Who said? Mine here says we'll end up in 5. Want to make this interesting?"

"Tell that to the patients in the terminal cancer ward who have less than 6!"

"Okay, okay - how much do you want for the warning?"

"Thanks for nothing! Like we don't have enough to get depressed around here! Let's just have some terrorist blow us up right now!"

"Are you a terrorist? You sure just did a great job terrorizing us, lady!"

"Really!?!? RUN! RUN! RUN! LET'S GET OUT OF THE SUBWAY AND RUN FOR OUR LIVES! LET'S GO TO THE MOON! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

No comments: