Tuesday, February 07, 2006

tex pex

found some pics in my cell which i took during my latest texas trip (after which i lost my luggage for the first time - for one day, at least. but that's another story).


-


why is this dumbass smiling?



because he's having breakfast!!! (pronounced as "brake fast" nyhahahaha)


i never got the guts to take pics of the downtown tunnels using a real digicam (especially when its crowded like 7AM to 1 PM) - too bad, 'cause it would be a nice photoblog. am just not sure if they'll frown on me for that (security risks and all that). admittedly, this could be a prime target at lunchtime. go away, al-Qaeda. you didn't read this. you don't need to see this. these are not the places you are looking for. move along now.

so this time, i just used my cell - just to be a little inconspicuous (i bet the CIA was tracking me every step of the way anyway)


area 51 ... underneath the theater district.



i love the shops. i used to go to that starbucks all the time.
until i realized it was still expensive.



post-rush hours ... you can practically race your RC cars here



what does it remind you of? Logan's Run? the Death Star?



it'll be fun to have zombies chasing you around the tunnels, wouldn't it?



this is my fave part (near the hotel)



the panoramic mural of the moon's surface



and no, i haven't been to NASA yet. i need to relearn how to drive first.


-
I want free life and I want fresh air;
And I sigh for the canter after the cattle,
The crack of the whips like shots in a battle,
The medley of horns and hoofs and heads
That wars and wrangles and scatters and spreads;
The green beneath and the blue above,
And dash and danger, and life and love --
And Laska!


- Frank Desprez, Laska (1882)

No comments: