Saturday, September 03, 2005

Autopsy

disaster struck last Thursday, as I was careless and my 'pod went bungee jumping 24 inches without a rope or protective suit. first sign of trouble: songs weren't playing. an invalid folder icon came up - i need to get home quick. connecting it back to a pc showed the 2nd sign of trouble:


not a happy icon.

this website has been helpful, describing stuff on how to run diagnostics on your 'pod. betcha didn't know that huh? (i didn't either)




finding the right diagnostic test ...


... yields the final bad sign.

length of service yielded around 44 cents a day of aural pleasure on the average. not bad. It was my fault anyway - it had barely a defect, except for the depreciating battery charge (around 4 hours a pop from its initial advertised 6 - the newer ones go for 15), but that's expected.

my salutations! You will now be joining my Sony MiniDisc player in my Gadget Hall of Fame.

So, ... on to the next generation?

2 comments:

Tintin said...

buy buy buy! u can't escape it

Jego said...

Go for it!! Next generation iPod! Woohooooo!!!