Tuesday, November 01, 2005

balla

2005-06 NBA Season Kicks Off Tonight

It's a good thing I don't have cable, because I might (i said might!) just be more of a couch potato than I already am. But then thank goodness (and at the same time, "dammit!") for the Internet, for putting every kind of information at my fingertips. Gone are the days that I'd be checking out the back pages of days-old newspapers just to get NBA ink and results.

So for the next 6 to 8 months, I'd be rooting for (in no particular order) ...

EAST:
New Jersey Nets - JKidd, Vinsanity, RJ - bring 'em to Brooklyn already!
Miami Heat - I like Shaq better with DWade
Indiana Pacers - always the bridesmaid
Chicago Bulls - a new era is underway
Cleveland Cavs - I can't believe I missed the chance to watch LeBron last year
Orlando Magic - of course, the sentimental favorite.

Special mention goes to the Detroit Pistons - and because I like Coach Flip.

WEST:
Phoenix Suns - without Amare, will catch fire on the second half of season
Utah Jazz - a throwback team, one you'll always respect
Houston Rockets - I started following TMac during and post-Orlando
Dallas Mavericks - i still have the cap *lol*
Memphis Grizzlies - wala lang.
Minnesota Timberwolves - and of course, the other sentimental favorite.

But it's almost a given that by June next year, the San Antonio Spurs will be celebrating another championship by the riverwalk.

yeah, yeah, I like a lot of teams, so what? :-P

(where's the hometown team? puh-leaze. Get Isiah and Starbury out of the Garden and maybe i'll reconsider.)

1 comment:

Jego said...

Brazil just blew away the Team USA in the FIBA America league, posting leads of 20+ points. If these guys are the future of the NBA, then things look pretty bleak indeed. Unless they import talent wholesale from overseas.

(And didnt an all-NBA squad fail to win a single medal in 2004 Olympics?)