Sunday, June 22, 2008

druggy druggy

last Friday, Brooklyn cops swooped into my street and raided two notorious houses, resulting in arrests and general glee among my neighbors. had I known, I should have taken the day off and you would be watching YouTube clips instead of my boring prose.


these dens of iniquity (not obvious from the facade) housed what I called the "PBA" - the Puting Basura Association; in other words, white trash who were usually drunk, loud, belligerent, and generally not very nice neighbors. as i have learned, community activists have been pestering the police and local politicians for years to do something about them, and it turns out dealing and using dope is also part of their repertoire.

here's more details from the sharp eyes of the Brooklyn Eagle and the Bay Ridge Rover.

a tenant in my building who delivered the news to us after work wryly said, "now we have nothing to talk about."

my street still has a mobile truck stationed, raising the thoughts that the arrested felons may be out on bail soon, or they will be supplanted by others.



well, it will at least be quiet for awhile, especially for those who live just beside these houses.

No comments: